2 or 3 day hike to Mt Toubkal
Experience the climb of the highest peak in North Africa, Mount Toubkal summit 4167m. Make sure you bring your camera, get a stunning views of the Atlas Mountains, green valleys & Berber villages, meet the Berber guided & muleteers go for the this adventure of your life time. The views from the summit are amazing across the mountains to Marrakech to the north, and the start of the Sahara to the south. All around are the jagged peaks of the High Atlas stretching as far as you can see in every direction.
Challenge yourself to climb the highest peak in North Africa in 2 or 3 days. The tour starts and finishes in the vibrant city of Marrakech, and includes transport to and from Imlil . We will trek with a local English speaking guide , a local cook and mules to carry our luggage.
It’s a challenging walk rather than a climb, and anybody in good physical condition can reach the top. The itinerary has been designed for keen walkers, as the ascent is non-technical, but involves some easy scrambling and snow slopes.
AVAILABILITY & CONFIRMED DATES
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
Note: Itinerary is just a guideline and subject to change to suit local conditions.
ACCOMMODATION DURING THE TREK
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June – Oct.) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages (optional)
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: (hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option)
- Porters for luggage from snow line to mountain hut (winter treks)
- Travel insurance
- Water en drinks
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT & CLOTHING
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers
- Walking sticks
- Personnel first aid kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch / headlamp
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Warm clothes, nearing the summit it get’s very cold
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from equipment shops in Imlil.