Excursion: (High Atlas) Hiking
We can support and guide your hiking trip into the mountains and the desert. We offer some amazing opportunities for you to go trekking in Morocco. We, and the Berber people of the Moroccan High Atlas, have trekking in our blood.
We will safely guide you and your group through the beautiful terrain of the High Atlas. With us you can climb the first and second highest peaks in North Africa. You can even ski down them in winter.
We can arrange you a custom tour and we offer you our 4 or 5 day High Atlas hiking tour. Our custom tours range from guided walks taking a single day, to detailed, meticulously planned treks that utilise tents, mules, guides and good, quality time spent with the ancient Berber people of the mountains.
Challanging Atlas trekking
- 3876 m. Oumlilene
- 3900 m. Tazaghart
- 3900 m. Tizi N’Toubkal
- 4002 m. Bouguinoussene
- 4030 m. Akioud
- 4040 m. Clochetons
- 4043 m. Afalla
- 4083 m. Ras Ouanoukrim
- 4089 m. Timzgude
- 4167 m. Toubkal
Availability & Confirmed Dates:
This trek runs all year round and can depart at any date of your preference.
Note: Itinerary is just a guideline and subject to change to suit local conditions.
Accommodation during the trek:
The accommodation during this trek will be either in camping if prefered (June – Oct.) or in the Mountain huts ( winter treks ).
- English speaking guide, and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggages (optional)
- Ground transfers by minibuses / taxis: (hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option)
- Porters for luggage from snow line to mountain hut (winter treks)
- Personal travel insurance
- Travel insurance
- Water en drinks
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Tips and personal expenses
Essential Equipment & Clothing:
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers
- Walking sticks
- Personnel first aid kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch / headlamp
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Warm clothes, nearing the summit it get’s very cold
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
Most of those equipment can be rented locally from equipment shops in Imlil.